CNN Refuses to Temper Far-Left Socialists, But Politely Sounds Alarm #Political
The influx of far-left radicals into the Democratic Party has quickly poisoned it from the inside out. Nowadays, if you don’t support transing the kids or abortion up to the moment of birth, you’re a bigot and a MAGA cultist. On Monday’s CNN This Morning, Erica Hill and her guest panelists refused to denounce the new, ultra-radical Democrats dragging the party even farther to the left. However, they seemed to be politely sounding the alarm that American moderates could be turned off.
To the delight of many Republicans, Democrats are engaged in a very public civil war. Moderates, who support liberal economic policies or aren’t fond of President Donald Trump, are being pulled underwater by radicals, who shriek about gay oppression while defending sharia law. On one side are well-established Democrats like former politician Rahm Emanuel, and on the other are ‘anti-system’ leftists like Bernie Sanders or Zohran Mamdani.
Hill began the segment covering Sanders and Emanuel smacking each other in the press, each accusing the other of dragging the Democrats the wrong way. Sanders promoted his slew of far-left socialist candidates, saying that “People are sick and tired of the Rahm Emanuels and the Democratic establishment and the Republican establishment.”
Axios reporter Marc Caputo mentioned that Republicans would see DSA-supported candidates “as a possible advantage because they think, 'well, we've always accused Democrats of being communists. Now they're actually picking communists’ . . . I'm not sure how fully accurate it is, but that's going to be the battle line that the Republicans are going to be drawing with the Democrats.”
Notably, Caputo refused to clarify if the DSA candidates were actually communists.
USA Today’s Francesca Chambers echoed Caputo’s thoughts without taking a stand herself:
Sara Fischer, Axios correspondent and CNN media analyst, said she wants the Democrats to have it both ways:
But Democrats clearly can’t have it both ways. Eventually, every place they control will fall into the radicals’ hands. Virginia Democrats aren't governing in "purple."
As the conversation progressed, most of them seemed to agree that their party’s abrupt leftward lurch might be a turn-off to moderate Americans. They even noted that the far-left was pushing things even outside the tolerances for Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who poses as a moderate:
So, as CNN waffles back and forth over the DSA, the only thing they’re willing to stand for, at least for now, is sucking up to a far-left Congresswoman just because she might be the 2028 nominee.
The transcript is below. Click “expand” to read:
CNN This Morning
7/27/26
6:54:58
(…)
ERICA HILL: Also want to talk to you about what we are seeing in terms of Democrats. Senator Bernie Sanders standing by his coalition of candidates, even as some Democrats worry that the so-called 'Bernie bros' could tank the midterms.
Obama's former chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel making that argument in a Wall Street Journal op-ed over the weekend, blaming the Bernie bros. Adding - for the division - adding, "If the Bernie bros were serious about growing jobs and wages, they would support candidates touting substantive ways to help families."
Senator Sanders firing back:
[Cut to video]
SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I-VT): You have an establishment like Rahm Emanuel, who are dependent on billionaire campaign contributors and want to maintain the status quo.
And then you have a progressive movement, which, by the way, what is getting these guys nervous is we are winning all over this country. It's not only Mamdani in New York City. It is in New Jersey, it's in Ohio, it's in Colorado.
People are sick and tired of the Rahm Emanuel's and the Democratic establishment and the Republican establishment. They are asking simple questions.
[Cut back to live]
HILL: How do you see this playing out?
MARC CAPUTO: I see it as a sort of a - the Democrats catching up to where Republicans were in 2010. I mean, it's been written about and said about a little is that this is sort of the Democratic Party's Tea Party movement.
And I mean, obviously their version of it, this, to a degree, is perceived in the Trump White House as a possible advantage because they think, 'well, we've always accused Democrats of being communists. Now they're actually picking communists. Chevalier is the example in New York.'
I'm not sure how fully accurate it is, but that's going to be the battle line that the Republicans are going to be drawing with the Democrats.
SARA FISCHER: I just want to remind people, though, in November, what we were talking about was this becoming the big tent party, right?
Mikie Sherrill in New Jersey, Abigail Spanfeller [Spanberger] in Virginia. This was not just about bringing in Democrats that were super-far-left. These are women with military track records.
And so I think that the Democrats got to figure out a way to get back to that narrative of, 'no, no, no, we're the big tent party, right? We can bring on a Mamdani and that works for New York City, but it's not going to work in a place like Virginia, which is a purple state.'
HILL: Right. And that that's okay.
I thought it was fascinating, too, there was some reporting in the New York Times talking about the rise of Democratic socialists, specifically in the state of New York, right, and their influence.
And in talking to the chair of the Democratic Party in the state, right, he, Jay Jacobs, who raised the concern, saying, 'look, I like some of what they're doing.' But the issue here and I'm quoting him, he said, "Too often they look at moderate Democrats as the greater enemy than Republicans. They don't appeal to people in the middle. Most Americans are moderate."
I mean, how much of a concern for Democrats, right, to your point about big tent, is that this is going so far to the left that they're actually looking at Democrats, moderate Democrats as more of an enemy than Republicans?
LAURA DAVISON: That's a huge problem.
I mean, if you're done with the midterms and just want to focus on 2028, just watch this debate. This is what is going to be, sort of, the central theme, you know, after we get through these November elections.
But you know, there's a prime example in AOC who was sort of the - at the vanguard of this whole progressive movement of, you know, unseating a long standing incumbent. She is now facing questions of 'is she Progressive enough? Is she doing enough for the party?'
You know, this is, you know, a cyclical thing we see in politics all the time. But if you have someone like AOC getting questions, if her bona fides are true, if she's really committed to the DSA mission, that's a problem for the party.
HILL: And meanwhile, you have the, you know, administration and likely most Republicans across the country just sitting back and popping popcorn.
FRANCESCA CHAMBERS: I was laughing. You said 'if you're done with '26 and just to talk about 2028,' because you guys--
HILL: I know you wanted to talk to--
CHAMBERS: --I knew you wanted me to talk about 2028 this morning--
HILL: --that's going to be your next question--
CHAMBERS: I know, I know--
HILL: --don't worry.
CHAMBERS: --and next time, or next time.
But listen, the administration, as Marc was saying, is sitting back and saying that this is going to be their midterm message at this point. Right? You've seen the President, you've seen House Speaker Mike Johnson, a number of other Republicans saying that 'they're Marxists, they're communists, you know, they're socialists that they're going to, you know, you're going to be living in squalor.' I think is what the President said, 'two years from now, they're saying it's free, but it won't be free.'
I mean, that is exactly what the midterm message is right now coming from Republicans.
As far as Democrats go, though, I mean, there is this intraparty debate about the future of the Democratic Party right now and what they want it to look like.
And even if Hakeem Jeffries does take over of the House, I mean, he's going to have a similar problem to Mike Johnson on his hands, where he could only have a margin of a couple. And he's going to have to, you know, barter with them to get things done. If he's the leader, because they won't even commit to making him the leader.
CAPUTO: But the future of the party might be AOC. I mean, I know you don't want to talk about 2028, but the idea that--
HILL: Francesca very much wants to talk about 2028 actually--
CAPUTO: Right, well, the idea that the Democratic socialists now think she's not socialist-y enough, sort of, puts her in the middle to a degree, and that's not a bad spot for AOC to be as a 2028 cycle dawns after 2026.
from Newsbusters - Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), America’s leading media watchdog in documenting, exposing Follow News Busters
Red Pill Pharma A psychological pharmaceutical that unlocks logic and reason offering a second chance at individualism.

Sourced by the Find us on telegram. Real News for Patriots of the United States of America. We share content that re-affirms our soulful connection to light, Truth, and the Constitutional God given rights of Freedom and Liberty.

No comments